How to Change Your Pinterest Account Email Address
One of the most common questions I receive about Pinterest account management is,” How do I change my Pinterest email account address?” During the one-day process of writing this blog post, I heard that question two more times. Obviously, many are confused about this topic!
I receive many questions on how to use Pinterest. It’s no surprise. The social network grew substantially in 2015. Pinterest now has more than 150 million monthly active users as of late 2016. It’s an impressive 50% increase over their 2015 size. The visual social channel is expanding its features into more countries. This includes ad platform offerings as well as the rollout of the Pinterest “Save” button. Because of the growth, the gender imbalance is disappearing due to the new global audience.
The email attached to a Pinterest account is an important detail. This is where all notifications go. It is also the email you need to reset or recover an account password. The email address attached to all social accounts, like Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat, is important in the event of any type of an account security issue.
Pinterest does not have an admin feature that allows account owners to give other users editor or admin permissions. If you are working with a social media manager or agency that means you have to give someone else your login information so they can manage your Pinterest account!
This is a major reason why your Pinterest account’s email address is so important. If another user changes your password – like a disgruntled employee that tries to take the account with them or worse yet attempts to delete your Pinterest account – then you will need access to your Pinterest email account to recover the Pinterest login credentials! I have seen it happen a few times. Working relationships can sour and some take it out in the form of social media revenge!
Change Pinterest email settings with desktop Pinterest
- Go to your Pinterest account
- Click on your profile image in the upper-right corner of your screen (Figure 1)
- Drop down the “My Profile” menu and choose the first option, “Settings”
- Your email address is the first field on the account settings menu. Click on the email field to edit the email address
- Type in a new email and it is automatically saved Pinterest will require a response from a verification email sent to your new email address
Change Pinterest email settings with a mobile app either Android or iOS (iPhone or iPad) app
- Go to the home screen of your Pinterest account by clicking on the person silhouette (Figure 2)
- Click on the nut (hexagon) icon in the upper-right corner to drop down a settings menu
- Tap the second option, “Edit settings”
- Your email address is the first field on the account settings menu. Tap on the email field to edit the email address
- Type in a new email and it is automatically saved Pinterest will require a response to a verification email sent to your new email address