I love receiving questions from readers. This week a Pinterest user emailed me to ask:
How can I move an item from one board to another???
Moving a pin from one Pinterest board to another can be accomplished quickly with Pinterest’s edit menu, once you know where to look! Pinterest users can edit individual pins. They can also move Pinterest pins in bulk from one board to another.
Move one Pinterest pin at a time
Steps to move one pin from one board to another:
- While logged into your Pinterest account, navigate to the pin you want to move
- Click on “Edit” on the upper right corner of the pin (Figure 1)
- The edit dialogue box will pop up (Figure 2). The top field labeled “Board” contains the name of the board this pin currently belongs to
- Choose a new board name from the drop down menu (Figure 3)
- Click “Save” and you are done!
Note: Pinterest users can only move or edit their own pins
Move multiple Pinterest pins
Pinterest users can also move multiple pins from one board to any other single board with just a few clicks. The steps to bulk edit are similar to editing an individual pins.
Steps to move multiple pin from one board to another:
- While logged into your Pinterest account, navigate to the board that contains the pins you want to move
- Click on “move pins” on the upper right corner of the pin (Figure 4). The “move pins” button you just clicked on will roll to give you options to move, copy or delete your pins
- Select the pin(s) you want to move by selecting the check box in the upper right corner of each individual pin. The check boxes are highlighted in yellow in my exmaple.
- Click on the “Move” button and a dialogue box will pop up to prompt you to select the new board (Figure 5)
- Choose a new board name from the dropdown menu (Figure 6)
- Click “save” and you are done!